TUSCAN WINE ESTATE: AGRITURISMO, WINERY, VINEYARD AND OLIVE GROVE.
Nestled in the Tuscan countryside, close to a little medieval hamlet and to the ruins of an old abbey, dating back to the XII Century, Wine Estate with Main House placed in a hilly and panoramic position enjoying a breath-taking view over the surrounding hills. The property is located about half an hour from Montalcino and Chianciano Terme, just 8 km from Montepulciano and about an hour and half from Florence.
Total living areas – 622,55 square metre
◦ U-shaped Main House .
◦ It has been carefully restored by the currently owners, that organized a guest house in a wing of the property.
◦ Private residence
◦ Groud floor: bright reception room with fireplace, dining room, eat-in kitchen with central island and direct access to the pergola overlooking the vineyards, pantry, studio, bathroom.
◦ First floor: 40-square metre master bedroom with en-suite bathroom.
◦ With external access, on the ground floor, there are a large temperature-controlled wine cellar with barriques and a private wine cellar with access to the reception room.
◦ Guest house
◦ Boasting an independent access through an external staircase leading to the first floor, this section of the house can be easily connected to the private residence.
◦ Ground floor: spacious reception room with fireplace, kitchen, dining room, four bedrooms each with its own en-suite bathroom.
◦ In another wing of the farmhouse, there are a studio and a storage room with wood-oven on the ground floor, while the whole first floor is occupied by a large room in need of renovation.
◦ Agricultural buildings – 798,25 square metres
◦ It has been organized in a separate building boasting a total surface area of approximately 200 square metres and it hosts a cellar for barrels, a bottling room, a storage room and a toilet.
◦ Machinery shed
◦ With a surface area of approximately 70 square metres, it is composed of a garage and a canteen with kitchen and bathroom.
◦ Tasting room
◦ This 20-square metre room is currently used to taste company wines and Olive oil.
◦ Surrounded by a perfectly maintained garden with century trees and aromatic plants, the country house boasts a heated swimming pool with solarium.
◦ The property includes also a green house in need of renovation , whose volume could be used to create additional lodges and 26 hectares of land (6 ha of vineyard, 450 olive trees, 6 ha of arable land and 12 ha of woodland).
◦ Vineyard – 6 hectares
◦ Currently the winery produces annually about 26.000 bottles of red wine “I.G.T. Toscana Rosso” and about 3.000 bottles of white wine “I.G.T. Toscana Bianco”.
◦ Planting density: 7.300 plants per hectare
◦ Grapes variety: 70% Merlot, 20% Cabernet, 10% Sangiovese
◦ Total size of the winery in liters: currently ca 34000 liters, could be expanded to 50000 liters.
◦ Markets: Switzerland, Luxemburg and Italy.
◦ There is the possibility to plant other 2 hectares of wine.
◦ Olive grove – 430 olive trees
◦ Cultivar: Moraiolo, Leccino, Frantoio, Pendolino
◦ TYPE:Wine estate
◦ CONDITION: Restored
◦ POSITION: Hilly, panoramic
◦ MUNICIPALITY: Torrita di Siena
◦ PROVINCE: Siena
◦ REGION: Tuscany
◦ SIZE: 1420 square metres (15284,75 square feet)
◦ TOT. N° OF ROOMS: 22
◦ BEDROOMS: 8
◦ BATHROOMS: 8
◦ FEATURES: Terracotta floors, ceilings with wooden beams and terracotta tiles, exposed stone, pergola, courtyard.
◦ ANNEX: Three: Winery, Machinery shed, Tasting room
◦ ACCESS: Two independent accesses
◦ POOL: Yes, 6x12m with solar panels
◦ ELECTRICITY: Already connected
◦ WATER: Mains water + Private well + Cistern for collecting rain water
◦ TELEPHONE: Already connected
◦ ADSL: yes
◦ GAS: LPG gas tank
◦ HEATING: Underfloor heating
◦ GARDEN: Yes, perfectly maintained
LAND: 26 (66,70 acres), of which 7 ha of vineyard, 2 ha of olive grove (430 olive trees), 6 ha of arable land, 12 ha of woodland and